Thursday, November 3, 2011

One Day at a Time



I used to be a Type A personality, until I had some health problems that forced me to slow down.  At first, I resented not being able to run around like a chicken with my head cut off, but then not only did I enjoy the slower pace, I learned how to savor every day.

I do three things when I wake up every morning.  I name one stress (project, goal, deadline, bill, etc...) that is on my "to do" list and tackle it.  Next, I choose one person on my family and friends list who I will connect with in a meaningful way (like a lengthy email, phone call or meeting over lunch), rather than a quick text or an IM chat over the Internet.  Then to wrap it up, I pick one thing that I will do for myself so that I have something to look forward to. It can be as simple as having a new copy of People Magazine waiting for me to take that bubble bath at the end of a hard day, stopping by the cafe on the way to work for a latte or croissant or splurging for a massage.

By tackling a stress on my never ending to do list and not procrastinating on everything, i can feel better about myself at the end of the day.  Staying connected to loved ones and not getting so far behind that I dread having to make five calls at the end of the month, helps me feel supported and loved.  Learning how to pamper myself so that I don't get burned out and can recharge my batteries on a daily basis, has been a simple recipe for living that leaves me feeling less frazzled and more content.

2 comments:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

This impressive blog and your Posts all perfectly written. Some how all your posts speak to me in some way! Keep it up, I am a new follower no doubt!! Lots of love, btw- you seem full of life energy and beautifully type a to me! Lol

positive solutions said...

thanks, jocelyn! glad you're enjoying it :) i love your blog as well. lots of love back at ya!